Business traveller checklist!
For employees who will be back on the road this autumn, Traveldoo shares some key elements of a traveller checklist with you.
- Travel insurance policy – provided by your company.
- Your itinerary, travel tickets, bookings confirmations…
- Your loyalty cards to enjoy some extra miles.
- Your ID and/or passport. Ensure your passport is valid 6 months after your return!
- A copy of your identity documents – stored elsewhere.
- Check the last news and prerequisites of your destination on gov.uk.
- Your driving license if you have booked a car rental.
👉 Our Tip: Download your expense app before leaving, so you will only have to take a photo of your receipts and throw them away!
- Your national insurance numbercard or social security card.
- A first-aid kit (painkillers, plasters, vitamins…).
- Face masks, essential for now in many destinations.
- Hydroalcoholic gel or bars of soap.
- Orthopaedic pillow, a sleeping mask and earplugs to enjoy some rest while traveling.
👉 Our tip: Ensure your profile is completely up to date in your online booking tool, as this information can be used by your travel manager in case of an emergency.
- Appropriate and lightweight luggage. Think about taking cabin, rather than hold luggage if possible. This will speed up your time exiting the airport at your destination.
- Roll your clothes carefully in your suitcase to maximise space. For shirts, these are best folded.
- Use samples or small format containers for your liquid wash bag products.
👉 Our tip: Place heavier items at the back of your suitcase (nearest to the wheels)!
- A privacy filter for your laptop or tablet screen to protect your work.
- Connectors for electronic items, laptop battery, universal plugs…
- Is your hotel wifi enabled, how secure is the network?
- Your business cards.
- Schedule an out of office notification to advise people about your business travel.
👉 Our tip: Check your business phone package for data call and SMS allowances to ensure you will not be charged for extra fees for roaming etc…